- Aspiring Tradesperson Scholarship
Aspiring Tradesperson Scholarship
Deadline: July 1st, 5 p.m. EST
Award Date: August 1st
Modern Industrial seeks to meet the needs of engineers, contractors, and other commercial and industrial professionals by providing them with the products they need at competitive prices.
At Modern Industrial, we admire those who aren’t afraid to put in an honest day’s work. We also recognize the current skills gap in our country, with thousands of skilled jobs available and a shortage of trained, skilled technicians to fill that demand. We created this scholarship to show our appreciation for tomorrow’s skilled tradespeople and to make their pursuit of education and training a bit easier on them financially.
The Modern Industrial Tradesperson Scholarship honors those seeking a degree or certification in a Skilled Trade, including plumbing, HVAC, auto mechanics, electrical work, welding, and related fields.
The scholarship is awarded prior to every fall semester and can be applied to the following year’s tuition, books, exam fees, and other educational or career-training expenses.
Requirements & Eligibility:
- -Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 for the prior semester where applicable, or otherwise academic status in “good standing” if GPA is not applicable.
- -Must be pursuing a degree or certification in a Skilled Trade field.
- -The winner must apply the full amount of the scholarship towards tuition, books, training materials, and/or other costs directly associated with their education within 12 months of receiving the award.
- -Prior recipients of the award are not eligible to apply for the award in subsequent years.
Please submit the following materials below:
- -Letter of recommendation
- -Video explaining why you are interested in your chosen trade (between 2 and 3 minutes in length)
Fill out my online form.